Thursday, June 30, 2011

Painting the Sewing Machine Table



Anne, the previous home owner, left us a side table in the dining room which is actually an old sewing machine. It has an actual Singer sewing machine inside.

The finish was pretty rough, stained, and just not a nice color so I decided to paint it. It took a long time to pick out a color (Down Pour) and it turned out to be much lighter than I had imagined. I like it, but if I could do it all over again, I would choose a different color.

I sanded the table and cleaned it. It took about 20 coats and never did cover stains on the top. Not sure why that is, but clearly I should have prepped it better maybe with primer?

After looking at the pictures, I realize I need to do something about the wires. Another perspective is always good.










No comments:

Post a Comment