Saturday, March 26, 2011

Finishing the Kitchen/Dining Room 'Contented' Paint

I finally finished painting the green (Contented) that extends from the dining room in to the kitchen. I will use a different color for the interior kitchen. I had to strip the wallpaper, spackle, sand, and then paint. Some tips to remember: The more spackle (thickness) used, the more sanding needed and dust to clean up. I always forget this. I used a small roller and matching tray which made this small space really easy to do. I also used the roller to touch up other places in the kitchen and dining room that needed it. Finally, I need to remember that the more paint I pour into the tray, the more I have to use or it has to get poured back in, which I don't like because sometimes it isn't as clean after sitting out in the tray, or the more that has to get poured down the drain, which isn't good. It is better to have the refill the tray conservatively than to have extra paint.










No comments:

Post a Comment